Christwire, our favorite Evangelical satire site, has found another victim. After tricking NBC Los Angeles and the Huffington Post into believing their anti-gay, anti-Hollywood rants were the words of real Christians, they managed to fool liberals' favorite skeptic Rachel Maddow into thinking there was a real Evangelical movement to get Sarah Palin to "invade Egypt." In seriousness, the MSNBC host mentioned a funny Christwire story proposing the idea, only to be corrected later in the same show by her producers. "The bad news about a free and open internet? Sometimes you get had by brilliant satirists," Maddow's producers tweeted last night. "Christwire: 1 TRMS: 0"
- 1. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 2. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Jody Rosen’s Snap Judgments on Beyoncé’s Surprise New Album
- 6. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 9. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special