After the deaths of 17-year-old Nicole John and 24-year-old Connor Donohue, both of whom fell from balconies in Manhattan, we hoped we'd seen the end of this trend. Not so: Early yesterday, 26-year-old Hana Lin fell from a 26th floor balcony at 101 Warren Street in Tribeca. She died upon landing in the park-like common area roof of a next-door Barnes and Noble. No foul play is suspected, though Lin had been having beers with the two residents of the apartment earlier in the evening. When they went on a run to buy more booze, they returned to find the apartment empty and went to bed after a brief search for Lin. It was only the next morning when a lower floor neighbor spotted her body that they learned what happened.
Photo: Thomas Balsley Associates
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 3. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 6. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. What Porn Means to Us: Twenty Couples on Tentacles, Baywatch, and the Skin Flicks They Share, Fear, and Imitate
- 9. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire