Former TSA agent Carole Smith says she was fired from her job doing security at Albany International Airport because she's a Wiccan. A fellow employee claimed that she cast a spell that disabled the heater on her car, which Smith denied. "I was dumbfounded. I told him, that's not what Wicca is. We don't cast spells. That's not witchcraft. That's black magic or voodoo or something else. To put a spell on a heater of a car, if I had that kind of power, I wouldn't be working for TSA. I would go buy lottery tickets and put a spell on the balls.” She does have a point. The TSA says she was fired because of insubordination and performance issues, but Smith doesn't buy it. She says she was routinely harassed by her coworkers, who she says taunted her with, “Where did you park your broom?” and “Why don't you come to work in your pointy hat?” and “She's going to put a hex on me.” Smith fought her firing in 2009, and lost her initial appeal, but she's planning an appeal of that decision now.
- 1. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire