Last night on The Daily Show, Jon Stewart reminds his audience, "These are very tough times for journalists," (got that right) by showing a shocking video of NBC's Richard Engel narrowly escaping an incoming mortar shell in Libya. It's not only tough reporting from the field, Stewart explains, but it's also just downright awkward working for NBC News when parent company General Electric seems to have its hands in a lot of controversial news.
- 1. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire