This is what Mayor Michael Bloomberg looked like as he descended from the ceiling onto the stage at the annual Inner Circle dinner over the weekend. The annual charity event, put on by the city's political reporters to tease the public figures they cover, made a jab at the accident-plagued Broadway musical Spider-Man when Bloomberg got stuck, mid-descent. "Will I be up here long?" he asked a stagehand. "No ... We just have to issue an RFP, get three bona-fide bids, go before the community board, submit a ULURP application, and do an environmental-impact statement — and we'll have you down and you can grab the train home," the worker replied. Ah, reporter humor! The yucks continued as the cast pilloried Bloomberg's slow response to this winter's devastating blizzard, which left many people in harms way and at least one person dead due to lack of medical attention. To be fair, this was funnier than that time at the White House Correspondents Association Dinner when George Bush made a slideshow of pictures of himself looking under desks for WMDs.
Photo: Office of the Mayor
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?