The legislature had until Friday at 12:01 a.m. to pass an on-time budget, a rare feat, but they didn't even need that long. At around 1 a.m. this morning, the State Assembly passed the budget bill that the State Senate had passed earlier in the night. Success! Unfortunately, because the effort stretched into Thursday, it didn't achieve the super-special distinction of being "early." The last time an "early" budget passed was in 1983, under Governor Mario Cuomo, who probably did a little heel click when the clock struck midnight last night. [NYT, Daily Politics/NYDN]
Photo: Michael Nagle/Getty Images
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?