Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will bring Congressman Paul Ryan's debt-reduction plan which includes unpopular cuts to Medicare and tax breaks for the rich to the floor for a vote. Not because he wants it to pass or because it has any chance of passing, but simply to get Republican senators on record supporting the plan so that Democrats can run ads later claiming that Republican Senator X voted to kill your grandma so that the Koch brothers can buy more yachts. "Republicans seem to be in love with the Ryan budget," Reid says. "And so they are going to have an opportunity here in the Senate to vote on the Ryan budget and see [how many] Republican senators like the Ryan budget as much as their House colleagues did." You can tell he's enjoying this.
Photo: Ethan Miller/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!