Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will bring Congressman Paul Ryan's debt-reduction plan which includes unpopular cuts to Medicare and tax breaks for the rich to the floor for a vote. Not because he wants it to pass or because it has any chance of passing, but simply to get Republican senators on record supporting the plan so that Democrats can run ads later claiming that Republican Senator X voted to kill your grandma so that the Koch brothers can buy more yachts. "Republicans seem to be in love with the Ryan budget," Reid says. "And so they are going to have an opportunity here in the Senate to vote on the Ryan budget and see [how many] Republican senators like the Ryan budget as much as their House colleagues did." You can tell he's enjoying this.
Photo: Ethan Miller/Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film