On tonight's Hardball, our John Heilemann points out how conservative lawmakers dead set on defunding Planned Parenthood could be responsible for holding up federal-budget negotiations in the face of a looming government-shutdown deadline, mere hours away. "[Republicans] have now given Democrats this gift," Heilemann says. "This issue is being framed aggressively by Democrats as being about Republican extremism on a cultural issue, that is to say, abortion. That is bad for Republicans."
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime