"If it were a bubble a lot of people would have gold. The whole world would be trading gold 24 hours a day. But I don't think it's really a bubble. I think gold is maybe cheaper today than it was in 1999, when it was $252." —Marc Faber, the contrarian author of Gloom Boom & Doom, redefines the word bubble as fears of inflation drive gold prices up to an all-time high. [CNBC]
Photo: Jonathan Fickies/Bloomberg via Getty Images
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode