After finding 30 volunteers who agreed to be injected with psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms, researchers at Imperial College London found that those trippy images of, like, humanity floating across the sky, man, are actually caused by a decrease in blood flow and connectivity between crucial parts of your brain that control perception and cognition. But that theory you came up with about the universe is probably still right on. [New Scientist]
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!