Asteroids GW9 (20 feet by 46 feet) and GP28 (12 feet by 26) zipped past Earth multiple times today, both at distances closer than the moon. No danger of collision was expected and none occurred, but people were probably too busy worrying about the dead birds and fishes, or whatever it is this week, to get in proper illogical freak-out mode anyway. [Wired]
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime