Two planes collided on a taxiway at JFK International Airport Monday night at around 8:15 p.m. An Air France Airbus A-380 clipped the tail of a Comair flight — a regional carrier for Delta — which had just arrived from Boston. Both jets were being inspected, and the extent of damage to both planes was not immediately known, but there were no injuries reported. "You could see the part of the 380's wing hanging down from the horizontal stabilizer of the Delta jet," said CNN senior international anchor Jim Bittermann, who was on the Air France flight. "People started making jokes," he added. "But I think the jokes will stop when they start finding out that they may be stuck here for a while."
Photo: Mike Simons/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring