Remember that weirdly upsetting scene from Sex and the City when Kristen Johnston was guest-starring as has-been party girl Lexi Featherston, and she got drunk at a fancy cocktail party? She was fiddling with a window, trying to open it to let out some smoke, and then she fell out of the window and died. It was memorably over the top for a show that normally concerned itself with sex puns and the constant consumption of apparently zero-calorie food. According to the Post, that exact scenario happened in real life, on Sunday. Keith Mastronardi, a derivatives specialist at the Indian-based Vyapar Capital Market Partners, "had been drinking heavily with his wife right before the tumble," the tabloid reported. He opened a window in his fifth-floor apartment to let out some smoke and accidentally fell out the window, dying when he hit the courtyard below. In a real-life twist worse than anything even an HBO writer could concoct, his three children were in the apartment at the time — as was his wife, Debra, who had to be taken out of the apartment in a stretcher. The couple had apparently not been drinking for a few months because Debra was pregnant with a baby girl — whose birth just last week they were celebrating.
Photo: City Realty
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 3. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 4. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 5. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 8. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!
- 9. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013