Remember that weirdly upsetting scene from Sex and the City when Kristen Johnston was guest-starring as has-been party girl Lexi Featherston, and she got drunk at a fancy cocktail party? She was fiddling with a window, trying to open it to let out some smoke, and then she fell out of the window and died. It was memorably over the top for a show that normally concerned itself with sex puns and the constant consumption of apparently zero-calorie food. According to the Post, that exact scenario happened in real life, on Sunday. Keith Mastronardi, a derivatives specialist at the Indian-based Vyapar Capital Market Partners, "had been drinking heavily with his wife right before the tumble," the tabloid reported. He opened a window in his fifth-floor apartment to let out some smoke and accidentally fell out the window, dying when he hit the courtyard below. In a real-life twist worse than anything even an HBO writer could concoct, his three children were in the apartment at the time — as was his wife, Debra, who had to be taken out of the apartment in a stretcher. The couple had apparently not been drinking for a few months because Debra was pregnant with a baby girl — whose birth just last week they were celebrating.
Photo: City Realty
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck