Bill Clinton didn't quite stick to the party line today, first claiming (before later retracting) that briefly defaulting "might not be calamitous" for the economy, then telling Paul Ryan that he hopes the Democrats "don't use [their special election victory] as an excuse to do nothing on Medicare" and offering to chat with him about Medicare anytime. [Hill, Note/ABC News]
Photo: Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!