New York's Gabe Sherman writes in this week's magazine about the success of Roger Ailes's Fox News and its incredible profits, stopping by Morning Joe today to discuss Ailes's relationship with the network's star Glenn Beck, who's leaving his nightly show later this year. "On the one hand, Glenn Beck delivered massive ratings for Fox News," Sherman told the Morning Joe panel, "but Roger realized Glenn's brand was overtaking his network." Which brings us to the chicken-egg question: Did Fox News make Glenn Beck a star, or has Glenn Beck been propping up Fox News?
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 4. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 5. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!