Indian Point CEO Wayne Leonard seems to have some misguided notions about how to talk about the threat of nuclear disaster. So we would like to offer the following tips: Don't start your PowerPoint presentation to investors by displaying a quote from The Hangover, "By the way, we're all gonna die!" Don't stuff the first five pages with more Hangover references and then scatter them throughout the next 111 pages. Don't spitball a list of other ways people can die, including bee stings and legal execution. Maybe get someone to fact-check statements like, "No one has died as a result of a nuclear accident." And when it's over, don't have your spokesperson offer this quote as an explanation, "Wayne's a movie buff." [NYP]
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 4. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 5. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 8. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner
- 9. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?