Former Duke University basketball team captain Tom Emma jumped to his death from the roof of the New York Athletic Club, where he was a member, on Tuesday morning. His body was found on the second-story landing of the Jumeirah Essex House next door to the club. Emma left no suicide note, but did leave confounded friends and colleagues. "I can't believe it," said Johnny Dawkins, one of Emma's former teammates at Duke. "He was a great guy. I have nothing but respect for him as a competitor. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family." Emma was a Chicago Bulls draft pick in 1983, but never played for the team.
- 1. Politico Stonewalls Mike Allen Payola Scandal
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death
- 7. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire
- 8. Watch a New Archer Training Video About Ninjas
- 9. Can You Guess Famous Simpsons Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?