In her forthcoming memoir, the actress best known for playing the mom on The Brady Bunch revealed a few new details about her good buddy, now-dead New York City mayor John Lindsay. Like that he gave her crabs after a pity one-night stand she had with her "married and unattractive friend" one particularly lonely evening in Beverly Hills. "Guess I learned the hard way that crabs do not discriminate but cross over all socioeconomic strata. He must have had quite the active life. What a way to put the kibosh on a relationship," she writes. Henderson also added the detail that Lindsay "sent her flowers and a note of apology," lest you get the impression she was trying to tarnish his good name out of revenge for some gross problem he saddled her with or something.
Photo: Donaldson Collection/Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images, Ron Galella/WireImage
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 8. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?
- 9. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode