Prior to a couple of weeks ago, if Family Feud host Steve Harvey, for example, asked you to name a job in which a panic button might be used, some good answers would be things like "security guard," "bank teller," and "convenience-store clerk," and then, further down at the bottom, the hard-to-get answers would include things like "chimpanzee babysitter" and "Charlie Sheen's personal assistant." If a family member suggested "hotel maid," you would probably ignore him or her for the rest of the game for guessing something so dumb. But, starting now, "hotel maid" would be a solid answer, because the two New York hotels that recently hosted infamous (alleged!) sex attacks — the Sofitel and the Pierre — have begun equipping their maids with their own personal alarms.
Photo: Brian Harkin/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?