It turns out that whoever purchased Bernie Madoff's belly-button ring did not, in fact, get the most intimate item formerly belonging to the famous Ponzi schemer. At a U.S. Marshal’s auction of his possessions this weekend — a year and a half after the Madoff auctions began with Ruth and Bernie’s jewelry and watches — someone paid $4,600 for a photograph of an unidentified, nude rear end (very possibly Madoff’s own) and $200 for fourteen pairs of Madoff’s used underwear. That comes out to about $14 a pair — which might actually be a bargain, depending on the brand he wore. (A three-pack of Jockey boxer-briefs retails for $28.50.) Looks like there might not actually be much of a market in disgraced celebrity unmentionables: more bad news for Anthony Weiner.
Photo: Mario Tama/Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck