As originally reported by the Daily News, actor and progressive activist Matt Damon was scheduled to host a fund-raiser for Congressman Anthony Weiner on June 20 at Almond Restaurant, with tickets ranging from $250 to $10,000 a pop. Then yesterday happened. "It’s going to be postponed now because of all this," Damon told us at the Made in NY Awards at Gracie Mansion last night . But Damon hasn't given up on Weiner just yet. "Look, I really support his politics," he told us. "Anybody who fights for the working class and the middle class, I’ll help in any way I can."
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!