The Post reports that Brooklyn borough president Marty Markowitz is considering a 2013 run for mayor, now that Anthony Weiner's theoretically no longer an entrant. Markowitz has $896,046 cash on hand, versus $2.7 million for Christine Quinn, and the $1.9 million that his Manhattan counterpart, Scott Stringer, has raised to date. "He’s very colorful and attracts voters of all kinds," one political analyst tells the paper of Markowitz. Which makes Marty sound more like a shirt display at the Gap than a candidate, but he's got time to work out the messaging. [NYP]
Photo: Melissa Hom
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?