Anthony Weiner has been out of office exactly one week and already the Post is reporting that he's trying to establish his legacy. The disgraced congressman is apparently trying to hand-pick his successor, who will be voted in during a special election on September 13. He's been "calling power brokers and would-be candidates for his old seat, hoping they'll let him play a role in choosing." According to the tabloid, this is a "dazzling display of arrogance" and a sign that "his ego has no bounds." But it does make a little bit of sense, considering he figured he'd be a lifelong politician and now he has nothing else to do. He probably figures this is going to be the last chance he has to play the power broker for a long time. Of course, to be a power broker, don't you have to ... have power? Eh, details.
Photo: 2002/Daily News, L.P. (New York)
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!