The passage of New York's Marriage Equality Act went pretty much according to Governor Cuomo's plan, but even he couldn't have predicted how well-timed it would turn out to be. Passed around ten-thirty on Friday night, the bill was signed just in time for Manhattan's annual Gay Pride Celebrations over the weekend. While the impromptu festivities on Friday night were energy-filled and exuberant, Sunday's Pride March brought out enormous crowds. Fittingly, Cuomo's entourage got the most raucous applause, but other gay-rights advocates, like Senator Thomas Duane, the It Gets Better Project's Dan Savage and Terry Miller, and Assemblyman Daniel O'Donnell all got their due. Click through to see photos from the festivities.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 3. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner
- 4. The Beauty School for Former Sex Slaves
- 5. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 6. Patrick Stewart Rescued a Baby Bird in Park Slope
- 7. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 8. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 9. Cannes Day Six: Selita Ebanks, Zoe Saldana, and Alec Baldwin’s Pregnant Wife