The man once recorded saying of a Senate seat, "It's a fucking valuable thing, you just don't give it away for nothing," has been found guilty of trying to sell Barack Obama's Senate seat, among other things. He's already facing up to five years in jail from a conviction for lying, and so the phrase "I'm a celebrity ... get me out of here!" will take on an even richer resonance in Blagojevich's life. This makes him the second Illinois governor in a row to leave office and face jail time for corruption, following former governor George Ryan. Best of luck, Governor Pat Quinn! We're all rooting for you.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. Arrested Development’s 20 Most Meta Meta-Moments
- 8. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?
- 9. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig