The nonpartisan Wisconsin Government Accountability Board has approved recall elections for three Democratic state senators (recall elections have already been approved for six Republican state senators), despite evidence of fraud on the petitions filed by Republicans. For example, some of the people who signed say they were told the petition was in support of the state senators, while others claim they never signed at all. At least one person somehow managed to sign despite dying twenty years ago. After much deliberation, though, the board decided that even without the fraudulent signatures, there were still enough valid ones to trigger a recall election. [TPM]
Photo: Scott Olson/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?