He's reportedly told the White House he might step down from his Treasury secretary post as soon as an agreement on raising the debt ceiling is reached. He's the last remaining member of Obama's original economic team, and his departure would mean two open posts to fill, with Council of Economic Advisors head Austan Goolsbee set to leave in August. [Bloomberg]
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!