Over the weekend in Sagaponack, Ina "The Barefoot Contessa" Garten hosted the "Barefoot Under the Stars" event at Wolffer Estate Vineyard, a party benefiting the Group for the East End, which seeks to preserve parts of the Hamptons. Garten, a Hamptons resident, was excited about the passage of New York's marriage-equality bill. "It's so long overdue," she said. "Hopefully this is the beginning of other states passing it." Since more weddings may mean more questions about exactly what to serve at one's wedding, we asked Garten which dish she expected to become the "it meal" at gay weddings, and she answered enthusiastically: "slow-roasted filled of beef!" Unfortunately, her answer isn't quite as random as it sounds. Garten's been testing new recipes for her next book, and the beef fillet, in addition to "a potato and celery root puree with seared scallops," was the Contessa's contribution to the menu that evening. In reality, she couldn't think of a meal that would be uniquely gay. "I make them whatever I'd make anyone else!" she says.
Photo: Liam McMullan/PatrickMcMullan.com
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 3. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 6. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. What Porn Means to Us: Twenty Couples on Tentacles, Baywatch, and the Skin Flicks They Share, Fear, and Imitate
- 9. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire