Ali Abdullah Saleh, the Yemeni president who is recuperating in a Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, hospital after an explosive detonated in his palace last week, is more injured than was previously reported, with burns on more than 40 percent of his body. "His face was quite charred," an anonymous official told the Times, and it's possible he may have punctured a lung. Saleh's regime has insisted that he'll be able to return to the country soon; meanwhile, the U.S is said to be willing to offer "financial incentives" to get him to step down.
Photo: Marcel Mettelsiefen/Getty Images
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 7. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 8. A Ranking of 11 Movie Franchises, TV Shows, and Book Series That Ended in 2013
- 9. Watch Amy Poehler and Billy Eichner Force People to Sing Christmas Carols on the Street