Twenty-nine-year-old state representative Julia Hurley admitted, after being hounded by the local press, to carving her initials in her desk on the floor of the state House. “It was like 1 in the morning on the last day of the session," she said. And it was so borrringggggg. Apparently she's not the only one in the legislature who likes to perma-doodle: "Several other desks also have marks on them, ranging from initials to a dollar sign." (From fiscal conservatives or tax-and-spend liberals?) The local paper promises "more details as they develop." Perhaps sources will reveal she was going to carve a heart plus another set of initials? [KnoxNews.com]
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?
- 8. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 9. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner