The libertarian former New Mexico governor and current long-shottiest of long shots for the GOP nomination is directing a fund-raising pitch to poker players, whose freedom to spend their money however they choose Johnson promises to champion. While that support is surely appreciated by the poker community, poker players are skilled at weighing the risks of a bet versus its potential rewards, and since Johnson will never be in a position to alter gambling laws and can barely even get himself into a GOP debate, there are no potential rewards here. [Ben Smith/Politico]
Photo: Alex Wong/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?