GOP leadership is apparently having a lot of trouble wrangling 218 Republican votes for Speaker John Boehner's budget plan (which every Democratic senator has vowed to oppose) because the vote, which was expected to take place around 6 p.m. tonight, has been delayed. Now they're just doing busywork. NBC News reports: "Boehner's bill has been pulled off the floor for the time being. The House is now re-naming post offices." [WP, First Read/MSNBC]
Photo: Spencer Platt/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!