New York columnist John Heilemann visited the Morning Joe crew today to discuss the stalled debt-reduction package talks, noting that Speaker of the House John Boehner isn't looking much like a party leader lately. His No. 2, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, is doing a lot of the talking, and much of the Republican caucus was not happy with Boehner's willingness to maybe compromise with a deal President Obama set forth, a plan Boehner was game for until Cantor told him to hold back. "I think what we learned over this last weekend is that John Boehner ... is not really speaker of the House," Heilemann said. "Eric Cantor is the speaker of the House." And here come the tears...
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!