If you wear the right clothes, you can get in anywhere. Nope, not referring to the Thursday Styles section piece on what clothes will get you admitted to various night spots throughout the city. We're talking about the guy who slapped on an armored-truck guard outfit, waltzed up to a business in Queens, and told them he was there to pick up their money. Then he walked out with a cool $14,800 in cash. When a real courier showed up hours later, they probably felt a little dumb. Dress for the job you want, not the job you have: doubly true for con artists and robbers.
Photo: Courtesy of NYPD via Gothamist.
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability