For the debut of the Sarah Palin documentary, Atlantic scribe Conor Frieserdorf was alone in an Orange County, California, theater, one of just ten nationwide showing The Undefeated. It was, of course, Harry Potter weekend, but it seems as if Sarah Palin won't be able to make the Aniston jump, from a successful TV career to movie stardom. Two young women wandered in without knowing what tickets they'd purchased and walked out after twenty minutes; a couple made out in the back of the empty theater for a bit, but otherwise Frieserdorf was left in peace to mull that he was "both a journalist and the only member of the public willfully paying attention to Sarah Palin, as if standing in for the pathologies of my profession." [Atlantic]
Photo: Matt Stroshane/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!