After a brief, failed attempt to leave all this behind, without unlawfully fleeing the country or dying, former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak has regained consciousness from the coma he lapsed into on Sunday, according to doctors. The dethroned leader faces trial in August on charges he ordered police to kill anti-government protesters during the uprising that forced him from office in February. We imagine he was overjoyed to regain consciousness, before he recalled his current circumstances and thought, "Oh, fuck." [CNN] Earlier: Hosni Mubarak Is Dealing With His Emotional Pain Right Now
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!