The exact number of dead remains unconfirmed, but President Bashar al-Assad's forces killed at least 70 in pre-Ramadan raids on several cities. Rebels have said they'll step up protests during the holy days; the government has decided to respond by stepping up massacres. Happy holidays. President Obama called the day's events "horrifying," but the American government has not yet formally asked Assad to step down. [NYT]
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!