Last week, Democrats flipped two of six Republican-held Wisconsin state senate seats that were up for grabs after a popular backlash to Governor Scott Walker's anti-union law triggered a historic spate of recall elections. But Republicans were also able to force recalls on three Democratic senators who at one point fled the state. After the vote yesterday, the Democrats easily defended all three of those seats. So the Wisconsin state senate now remains just barely in GOP hands, 17–16, and we will probably have no reason to care about it for a long time. [Journal Sentinel]
Photo: Scott Olson/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!