Justice Michael Obus of the State Supreme Court in Manhattan ordered the dismissal of all criminal charges against former IMF boss Dominique Strauss-Kahn after credibility issues with accuser Nafissatou Diallo led the office of District Attorney Cyrus Vance to concede that they couldn't win the case. Diallo's lawyer Kenneth Thompson filed a motion yesterday to find a new prosecutor for the case, a motion that was rejected by Obus. Thompson has appealed that decision, and Obus's dismissal of the criminal charges will be stayed pending the result. Meanwhile, Diallo and Thomson still have a civil case proceeding against DSK.
Photo: Nicholas Kamm/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?