Justice Michael Obus of the State Supreme Court in Manhattan ordered the dismissal of all criminal charges against former IMF boss Dominique Strauss-Kahn after credibility issues with accuser Nafissatou Diallo led the office of District Attorney Cyrus Vance to concede that they couldn't win the case. Diallo's lawyer Kenneth Thompson filed a motion yesterday to find a new prosecutor for the case, a motion that was rejected by Obus. Thompson has appealed that decision, and Obus's dismissal of the criminal charges will be stayed pending the result. Meanwhile, Diallo and Thomson still have a civil case proceeding against DSK.
Photo: Nicholas Kamm/Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]