New Jersey gets no respect, at least according to Chris Christie, who was pissed that Mayor Bloomberg didn't include the state's 9/11 governor in the forthcoming tenth anniversary ceremony. Ex-governor Donald DiFrancesco is part of the event now, but only after Christie reportedly exploded about the mayor, calling him "Napoleon," "a dictator," and a "putz," earning low marks for creativity and likely disappointing his foul-mouthed constituency. DiFrancesco was gentler, telling the tabloid, "I think it's just an oversight. Am I disappointed? Yeah. But on the other hand, I'm a big boy." Also, a big boy? Leave it to the Post to make the obvious fat joke: The current governor "thew his weight around," and got the thing done. "Though former Governor DiFrancesco hadn't asked to speak at the previous 9/11 memorial ceremonies, the New Jersey's Governor's Office asked on his behalf this afternoon," a Bloomberg spokesman basically sighed.
Photo: Ramin Talaie/Bloomberg via Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. The Vampire Diaries Finale Recap: All’s Well That Ends Well ... for Now
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring