Or at least one, allegedly: An NYPD detective in the Bronx stands charged with using his badge and a fake warrant to rob cigarette smugglers of $7,000 in cash and "bags full of cartons of Newport cigarettes." Kyron Collins, a sixteen-year veteran of the force, is thought to have led a conspiracy to steal from black-market sellers, who dodge state taxes and sell packs for around $7 — a sum that surely adds up, especially if you're stealing it. [NYT]
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!