One of the police officers acquited of rape, but fired for official misconduct is still getting some pointed, unkind words from his ex-wife. Kenneth Moreno appeared in Brooklyn Family Court to address custody and child support issues today, and it was decided that his ex-wife, Maria Cruz, will up her payments to Moreno from $50 a week to $366 every other week because she recently got a better paying job at the MTA. Moreno said he has applied to just two jobs since getting booted from the NYPD, to which Cruz responded, "The MTA is hiring. You might want to try that." Although the source must be considered, Cruz also called Moreno a "piece of shit" and insisted, "If he's not in jail, he'll continue to ruin the lives of young women." Moreno, who is free pending his appeal of the misconduct conviction, also faces a misdemeanor charge for heroin possession.
Photo: J.B Nicholas / Splash News
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck