Today Politico coined the term "Mittness Protection Program," referring to Mitt Romney's super low-key presidential run so far, despite his being the Republican front-runner. This evening, our own John Heilemann headed to Hardball to weigh in on how Romney has but a few more precious moments where he can stay out of the spotlight and avoid offering opinions on hot button issues like the debt deal before it really starts looking silly. "The people in Romney World realize that Mitt Romney's going to have to engage," Heilemann said. "And even if he didn't want to engage, he's going to be engaged because he's the front-runner by every indication."
- 1. Congressional Republicans Reveal Secret Love for Obamacare
- 2. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 3. Sons of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What’s Next for Jax and Gemma
- 4. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 5. Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- 6. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-6 Finale
- 7. Will Rihanna's Doobie Catch On?
- 8. The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- 9. Elián González Bashes U.S., Reignites Cold War