Today Politico coined the term "Mittness Protection Program," referring to Mitt Romney's super low-key presidential run so far, despite his being the Republican front-runner. This evening, our own John Heilemann headed to Hardball to weigh in on how Romney has but a few more precious moments where he can stay out of the spotlight and avoid offering opinions on hot button issues like the debt deal before it really starts looking silly. "The people in Romney World realize that Mitt Romney's going to have to engage," Heilemann said. "And even if he didn't want to engage, he's going to be engaged because he's the front-runner by every indication."
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!