The consensus opinion on President Obama's reelection hopes is that if the economy continues to struggle through next November — which it's expected to — he'll have a tough time convincing voters he deserves another four years, especially since he'll almost definitely face Mitt "Private Business Experience" Romney or Rick "Every New Job Is in Texas" Perry. But according to American University professor Allan Lichtman's presidential election prediction model, which is only somewhat based on the economy, Obama is going to win. “Even if I am being conservative, I don’t see how Obama can lose,” Lichtman says. This model, by the way, has correctly guessed the winner of every presidential election since 1984. Seven out of seven — not bad. Of course, Paul the Octopus correctly predicted the winner of eight out of eight World Cup matches, and he had no idea what the hell was going on.
Photo: MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Making Blue Eye Shadow Work: A GIF Tutorial
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 8. The Vampire Diaries Finale Recap: All’s Well That Ends Well ... for Now
- 9. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said