The consensus opinion on President Obama's reelection hopes is that if the economy continues to struggle through next November — which it's expected to — he'll have a tough time convincing voters he deserves another four years, especially since he'll almost definitely face Mitt "Private Business Experience" Romney or Rick "Every New Job Is in Texas" Perry. But according to American University professor Allan Lichtman's presidential election prediction model, which is only somewhat based on the economy, Obama is going to win. “Even if I am being conservative, I don’t see how Obama can lose,” Lichtman says. This model, by the way, has correctly guessed the winner of every presidential election since 1984. Seven out of seven — not bad. Of course, Paul the Octopus correctly predicted the winner of eight out of eight World Cup matches, and he had no idea what the hell was going on.
Photo: MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!