The New York Police Department has put 23-year veteran Kevin O'Connor in charge of a staff meant to snag criminals who talk about their exploits on sites like Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace. The new unit will "mine social media, looking for info about troublesome house parties, gang showdowns and other potential mayhem" that's out there in plain, online sight. Do not accept any new friend requests and always click "not attending," just in case. [NYDN]
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 4. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 5. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 8. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner
- 9. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?