On the heels of his New York Times op-ed piece about why the super-rich can still live fabulously without tax breaks, billionaire and sometimes power-ballad singer Warren Buffett appeared on Charlie Rose last night, giving a quick explanation of the popular thought that the debt deal was just a giant game of chicken played by congressional leaders who threw their figurative steering wheels left and right. "If you have a sane person dealing with somebody you feel may be insane ... you lose, and the American people lost incidentally," Buffett said. We actually have few more things we'd like Buffett to explain, like why it was so rainy on Sunday, or why Ashley chose J.P. on The Bachelorette. So many questions ...
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!