Rising UCLA senior Chris Jeon, 21, is currently in Libya for his summer vacation because he just "thought it would be cool to join the rebels" during one of the world's "only real revolutions," despite having no particular political motivations, The National reports today. A flight took him from Los Angeles to Cairo, and after some trains and buses, he ended up in Benghazi, Libya, where rebels supplied him with a shotgun and later an AK-47. He also got a nickname, Ahmed El Maghrabi Saidi Barga, a nonsense combination of tribe names, and when his inability to speak Arabic becomes a problem, "he merely repeats his name and the rebels erupt in raucous cheers." Although it sounds like a hoax, his Facebook and LinkedIn pages look like they check out. Jeon only bought a one-way ticket in case he gets "captured or something," but seems to have only one other worry: "Whatever you do, don't tell my parents," he begged the reporter. "They don't know I'm here." Dude, you are so busted.
Photo: Daniel Berehulak/Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck