James Rubin, an assistant secretary of state under President Clinton, is out at Bloomberg News just ten months after lobbying the mayor for a top spot at his company's much-hyped new opinion wing. Rubin, who had never worked in journalism, "struggled to fit into a newsroom culture and at times clashed with his colleagues." [Media Decoder/NYT]
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. Arrested Development’s 20 Most Meta Meta-Moments
- 7. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 8. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?
- 9. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig