Want to know how to afford a $3 million loft? Start a bunch of circa-eighties bands and write tons of catchy music for them. Musician–songwriter Vince Clarke, who helped form Depeche Mode, Yazoo, and Erasure, and who's responsible for penning many hits now clogging the playlists of anyone who's ever considered themselves mildly complicated and non-conformist musically but prone to fits of dancing, closed last month on a two-bedroom, two-and-a-half-bath loft in Dumbo. He paid $2.8 million for the 2500-square-foot apartment, which we're told has eleven-foot ceilings, a kitted-out laundry room, and unobstructed views of Manhattan and the river. Clarke's agent, Halstead's Chris Pomeroy, had no comment. Prudential Douglas Elliman’s Matt Holbein and Katherine Camp had the listing.
Photo: Ethan Miller/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!