Want to know how to afford a $3 million loft? Start a bunch of circa-eighties bands and write tons of catchy music for them. Musician–songwriter Vince Clarke, who helped form Depeche Mode, Yazoo, and Erasure, and who's responsible for penning many hits now clogging the playlists of anyone who's ever considered themselves mildly complicated and non-conformist musically but prone to fits of dancing, closed last month on a two-bedroom, two-and-a-half-bath loft in Dumbo. He paid $2.8 million for the 2500-square-foot apartment, which we're told has eleven-foot ceilings, a kitted-out laundry room, and unobstructed views of Manhattan and the river. Clarke's agent, Halstead's Chris Pomeroy, had no comment. Prudential Douglas Elliman’s Matt Holbein and Katherine Camp had the listing.
Photo: Ethan Miller/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!