Forty Wall Street, a Trump-owned building, has a new tenant, precious-metals dealer Apmex. Instead of handing over $176,000 worth of fiat currency for a security deposit, Apmex is giving Trump three 32-ounce bars of gold. The company is promoting its product, obviously; the Donald is promoting his own product, too. (Himself. Also obviously.) Trump (who — obviously! — declined to reveal how much gold he himself owns) told The Wall Street Journal that "The economy is bad, and Obama's not protecting the dollar at all ... If I do this, other people are going to start doing it, and maybe we'll see some changes." Obviously.
Photo: John W. Adkisson/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!